... tax back for your research

What if my SR&ED project spans fiscal years?

You can claim for projects undertaken and costs incurred during your company's fiscal year. If the work continues to qualify as SR&ED in later years, you can claim for those years as well - your technical report and financial claim will simply focus on the activities conducted during the fiscal year for which you are claiming.

Reference: CRA's brochure Refunds for Small Business R&D