What are my chances of approval?
To qualify for the SR&ED tax credit work must:
- advance the understanding of scientific relations or technologies,
- address scientific or technological uncertainty, and
- incorporate a systematic investigation by qualified personnel.
If you are uncertain as to whether your project meets these qualifications, there are a few options:
- The CRA offers a Preclaim Project Review Service. SR&ED program staff will meet with you to discuss your proposed project, and will give a preliminary opinion on whether or not the work may be eligible for SR&ED tax incentives and why. Note this is not a pre-approval. The preclaim process can take 3-4 months.
- You can discuss the details of your project with us, and we will let you know whether it is likely to qualify, and why. This tends to be much quicker than the Preclaim Service, and just as accurate.